Every academic year, senior leaders and governors meet to decide the school’s priorities for the following 12 months. This is formulated into a document called the School Development Plan (SDP).
Priorities are chosen based upon the school’s needs, progress in particular areas, government initiatives or areas that are distinctive to our school.
All staff have a role in achieving the objectives through a set of actions and criteria that are monitored and evaluated regularly throughout the year by SLT, governors, staff and children.
For 2018-19, the aim to achieve the following objectives:
- Improve standards in mathematics through raising attainment and accelerating the progress of all groups of learners
- Embed a mastery approach to teaching and learning and include aspects of fluency within weekly teaching and learning
- Develop and maintain a consistently outstanding learning environment, provided and supported by all teachers and support staff
- Increase the proportion of children working at ARE and those working at greater depth
- Raise the standards in Writing, Reading and GPS throughout all school phases
- Diminishing the divide between all groups of learners
- Increase percentage of children achieving greater depth
- Raise the standards in Reading throughout all school phases
- Close the attainment gap for all vulnerable groups
- Increase percentage of children achieving greater depth to 20%
- Using a range of strategies, extend the opportunities and experiences for pupils to take on greater responsibility for the planning and leadership of collective worship to further drive the vision and values
- Embed the new Religious Education (RE) syllabus alongside the Understanding Christianity programme to ensure that all teaching and learning in RE is of the highest quality