Isle of Wight, June 2017
10:00am, 23rd June – Departed PGL. On track for ferry.
PGL – Isle of Wight Trip
We will use this space to post information relating to the final information evening about the PGL Isle of Wight trip.
- Letter advising of the information evening
- Presentation from the information evening 7th June.
- Handout from information evening 7th June (amended 14th June)
- Isle of Wight trip – reminders and notices (personal copies were given out on 14th June).
Photos will be placed in a shared Google Drive folder (not Dropbox as stated at the information evening). This is accessible via the link below. You will need to sign in with your child’s email address and password.
- Click here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8fH0L3-sGq4YTRWREJKNld3NjQ
- Sign in with your child’s email address and password (details will be sent home on or before Friday 16th June).Note: If you have your own Google account, select ‘Switching accounts’ or ‘Sign in with a different account’ if prompted. Do not ‘Request access’ as this will not be possible.
Welcome to Year 6
LSA, Class 14
Teacher, Class 14
LSA, Class 14
LSA, Class 13
Teacher, Class 13
Year group information
Welcome to Year 6. This page will contain all the information you need to have for a successful final year at Tewkesbury C of E Primary School.
Dates and events
Autumn Term – Friend or Foe?
12th September – Story Teller, Mr McGinty
27th September – Winchcombe Evacuation experience
7th October – GCHQ Code breaking workshops
15th November – Visit to Synagogue in Cheltenham
December – VE day party.
Spring Term – Lights! Camera! Action!
Thursday 2nd February – Visit to @Bristol museum
TBC – Logo robotics workshop.
Summer Term – Ages Ago
SATS week – 8th – 11th May
19th – 23rd June – Isle of Wight Residential
Pupils can access most resources used in class through Showbie or their school email account. Pupils are encouraged to take their school iPad home with them to access these services via apps, but they are also available through any web browser.
Spellings are usually set each Friday and tested the following Friday. We have Mild, Spicy and Hot spellings and one Intense word challenge, relating to Y4, 5 and 6 objectives. Learn as far as you can. In class, we focus on Y6 objectives.
Maths and reading homework will be set on Friday and should be handed in by Wednesday. Useful websites and resources are shared with the pupils via email or Showbie.
English will be set on a unit-by-unit and will often be cross-curricular, taking in other aspects of our learning.
Stars of the week
Class 13: Fahim Rahim
Class 13: Niamh Brady, Olivia Chafer, Dimitar Kostadinov
Class 14: Gabriel Corrnell, Holly Long, Eva Whitehead
100 club success